Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (STEP)
7 sessions, $50 per person, $80 per couple paid in advance
STEP program is a parenting program for any care provider of children between the ages of 2-12 years. Classes are held once per week. Free childcare is available if pre-registered.
You will learn:
- Parenting/care providing methods
- Why children misbehave
- How to respond to misbehavior
- When to intervene or ignore a child’s behavior;
- How to use effective discipline to establish and maintain boundaries
- How to use communication to build respect and cooperation
Saturdays, starting October 3rd from 1:30-3:30pm,
Location: Pioneer Community Resource Centre, 5th floor
Facilitator: Roland Boutin
Please refer to the Fall 2015 Program Guide for dates and times.