Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (STEP)
7 sessions, $50 per person, $80 per couple paid in advance
STEP program is a parenting program for any care provider of children between the ages of 2-12 years. Classes are held once per week. Free childcare is available if pre-registered.
You will learn:
- Parenting/care providing methods
- Why children misbehave
- How to respond to misbehavior
- When to intervene or ignore a child’s behavior;
- How to use effective discipline to establish and maintain boundaries
- How to use communication to build respect and cooperation
Thursdays, starting April 9, Time: 12.30pm - 2.30pm
Location: Windsor Elementary School.
To register call Elizabeth Byrne: 604-760-4759
Tuesdays, starting April 7, Time: 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Location: Stoney Creek Elementary School.
To register call Franca Trasolini 604-664-8852
Facilitator: Roland Boutin
Please refer to the Spring and Summer 2015 Program Guide for dates and times.